[Community] SVG representation of Shapely objects
Harasty, Daniel J
2015-02-09 18:22:29 UTC
I'd like to output my Shapley objects as SVG.

Comments on the PyPi page make me thinks such a thing exists as part of Shapely: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Shapely

But I don't see info on the 1.2/1.3 man page: http://toblerity.org/shapely/manual.html

Where can I find the docs for SVG output?

Thanks,

Dan Harasty
Sean Gillies
2015-02-09 20:06:04 UTC
Hi Dan,

SVG representations are a relatively new feature. You'd need Shapely 1.4 or
1.5.

And I need to update the manual!
Sean Gillies
Juan Pablo Caram
2015-02-09 21:33:35 UTC
Hi Sean,
Interesting... will the SVG representations be still based on discrete
points? In other words, how would Point(0.0).buffer(1) be represented?
Thanks!
JP