[Community] unary union counts
Kevin Dwyer
2014-02-24 16:38:27 UTC
Hey all,

I searched the archives but my google-fu isn't finding any matches on this
idea. What I'm interested in is doing a unary_union and that works
famously, but I also want to know the count of geometries that were unioned
in each case. Is there a smart way to accomplish this?

Thanks for some awesome libraries!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hi Kevin,

The GEOS library doesn't expose details about the graph, so the best
Shapely can offer is a count of geometries before (1 number) and a count of
geometries in the result (1 number).
Post by Kevin Dwyer
Hey all,
I searched the archives but my google-fu isn't finding any matches on this
idea. What I'm interested in is doing a unary_union and that works
famously, but I also want to know the count of geometries that were unioned
in each case. Is there a smart way to accomplish this?
Thanks for some awesome libraries!
Sean Gillies