[Community] Python 3
Wai Yip Tung
2013-08-22 00:45:33 UTC
Hello,

I have just found the Shapely library. I am glad to find it has many
function that I used to implement in pure Python. I'm looking forward to
a more professional library.

Question, is there plan for Python 3 support? Is there any work or
evaluation in progress? If there is no complex technical issue or
dependency that blocks its implementation I'd consider to help on this.

Wai Yip Tung
Mike Toews
2013-08-22 23:26:19 UTC
Work on Python 3 support is under way, and there is previous discussion here:
https://github.com/Toblerity/Shapely/issues/56

And a pull request (not requested by me) is here:
https://github.com/sgillies/shapely/pull/40

(I noticing some oddities in my `py3` branch that had mixed in from
another `v13` branch of mine that shouldn't be there. I'll see what I
can do to scale back the number of changes.)

You can help out by testing and reviewing the changes to see if is a
good strategy.

-Mike
Wai Yip Tung
Wai Yip Tung