[Community] Is it possible to clip a shapefile w/ a shapefile like you do in ogr?
Ari Simmons
2014-06-02 20:25:36 UTC
Hi all,

I am researching if it is possible to use shapely (or fiona -- but I
suspect shapely is the engine for this) to clip a shapefile similar to how
you do in ogr ...

ogr2ogr -f ?ESRI Shapefile? -clipsrc c:/sourcedir/sourcefile.shp
c:/outputdir/outputfile.shp c:/extentfiledir/extentfile.shp
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Is object.intersection(other) what you might be looking for?
http://toblerity.org/shapely/manual.html#object.intersection